Welcome to my Industrial Engineering and Operations Research 190G
blog!
My name is Gabrielle (Gabby) Cho, and I am currently a junior
studying Economics at UC Berkeley. I was born in Sacramento, California, so I
am fairly familiar with the Bay Area. I ultimately decided to come to Berkeley
because I really wanted to immerse myself in an eclectic and diverse student
population. Luckily, I have been able to do just that! During my first semester
at Cal, I wanted to meet as many people as possible, so I joined a variety of
different organizations both social and professional. Outside of school, I
love to bake and decorate cakes and hang out with my family and friends!
I signed up for this course because I have been at Cal for three
years so far, and I have not taken any sort of engineering classes. Because I
am majoring in Economics, my classes are always focused on business or
macro/micro concepts. This class presents a great opportunity for me to expand
outside my comfort zone and learn more about the world of patents from the engineering
point of view. I also signed up for this course to gain a better understanding of
how patents affect companies by either allowing them to survive. I was drawn to
this course as I have heard many great reviews from friends who have taken it
in the past as well.
From this course, I hope to be able to adequately understand how
patents really drive the success of certain inventions. Additionally, I am
looking forward to learning how to actually use patents to protect one’s
invention. Being able to understand the process of actually patenting an
invention is also something I believe is incredibly valuable and important.
Although I am studying Economics, I feel that understanding how patents work is
relevant in all regards. I plan to pursue business in the technology field and
for that reason, it is important I am able to understand the specific processes
and technicalities involving patents. Since this is my first
engineering-related course, I also hope to lay a solid foundation of
understanding of this subject matter for future courses I may take. I am
incredibly excited for this opportunity, and I look forward to exploring a
completely new subject matter. Thanks!
Hi Gabby! I really like your blog. I really resonate with your rationale for taking this class. I too am taking the class to expand my own understanding of patents and how they function. I wish you best of luck in this course!
ReplyDelete